Seasonal Staff Positions
Date: January 1st, 2022
Department: Animal Adventure Park: Seasonal Staff
Start Date: April/May 2022
End Date: TBD- Seasonal staff is requested to make a commitment to stay until labor day 2022
Animal Adventure Park is a ZAA accredited interactive educational facility, utilizing immersive, and hands-on exhibition, to engage guests in a manner to promote understanding and appreciation of the living world.
Through appreciation, we achieve education. Through education we achieve conservation.
At this time Animal Adventure Park is seeking seasonal candidates to become members of our animal care department. This position would include working with a variety of species, mostly domestic animals, ambassador animals, small mammals, and birds.
Under direct supervision, the individual in this position is responsible for a wide variety of tasks involving the husbandry of the area species, the daily upkeep of keeper and public areas, and interactions with park guests. The individual must be able to carry out the position's duties as described below, with or without reasonable accommodations, and comply with park policies and procedures as they appear in the Employee Handbook and animal care protocols. The individual must also be of sufficient health to carry out these duties on a daily basis without presenting a danger to his/herself or fellow park employees.
Skills and duties: required of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide quality guest experience, and maintain professional working relations with park guests, fellow employees, volunteers, and interns.
- Provide for the care and welfare (husbandry) of assigned animals in the department, such as following prescribed diets and feeding procedures and protocols.
- Cleaning/disinfecting of animal enclosures, holding areas, keeper space, common use space, and the public area surrounding it within Park, USDA and ZAA guidelines.
- Includes upkeep of plant collection as well as minor repairs to exhibits/holding areas.
- Observe animals in the department daily for reproductive behavior, abnormal behavior, or potential health problems, reporting these to the supervisor(s).
- Prepare, distribute, and keep records of animal enrichment
- Train animals using positive reinforcement
- Maintain daily reports: ie. medical, reproductive, dietary, and work orders.
- Provide assistance to the veterinary staff when necessary
- Make presentations, or host animal encounters for park guests
- Observe and report all facility or safety problems to the supervisor.
- Any other duties as requested by the curator or team lead to assist the team.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree in a related field preferred.
- Communicate effectively in English (oral and written), follow oral and written instructions, and use a two-way radio.
- Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions; walking, standing, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, performing tasks in an environment that requires repeatedly stooping, bending, and climbing.
- Physically able and willing to safely work around large, unpredictable and dangerous animals, having sufficient strength, agility and coordination to net, capture and restrain these animals.
- Use disinfectants, cleansers, and work around dusty enclosures/storage areas.
- Use common hand, power, and yard tools while working from the ground or on a ladder in a safe manner.
- Accept regular weekend, holiday, occasional after hour assignments, and be able to change days off as needed.
- Negative Tuberculosis test results required.
- Adhere to park/departmental policies and safety procedures
- Prior animal experience is prefered, but is not required
- Candidates with experience and (or) that possess a degree in an animal related field will be given preference.
Seasonal Staff Members - 13.20/hr.
Submit resumes to:
Erin Lien: Curator Animal Adventure Park